Are there any signs pointing at the fact that you should elope instead of having a traditional wedding? I think there are, let’s have a look at them here below.
- You are a person that highly values integrity. So an intimate wedding for just the two of you feels like the right decision.
- You don’t like being the center of attention.
- Your nature is a bit… impulsive. I’m not saying that you are making a mistake getting married, nooo, just that you are not always taking the conventional paths in life, so why should you now?
- You just “want to have it done”, sounds very romantic, doesn’t it? LOL. But actually, to have a wish to just have it done doesn’t have to be anything negative. Some people just don’t like the idea of a wedding and that’s it.
- Maybe your families for some reason don’t fully approve your relationship. It’s a good reason to do a lovely little ceremony with just the two of you.
- You don’t feel like spending a lot of money for “just” one day. There seems to be two teams on this one; the couples who think that since we are only doing this once (hopefully!) we might as well splurge and have fun. And then the other team; it’s just one day, and it feels so unnecessary to spend that much money, when you could use it for something else.
- You need to marry because of legal reasons, but then you’ll organize the party in another moment.
- You love to travel, so you might as well elope with the person you love while abroad. There are so many romantic places to choose from.
So, would you consider to elope instead of having the classic wedding?